[rt-users] RT 3.4.5 -- correspondence disappeared into a black hole!

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 20 15:17:22 EDT 2008

Jim,

	I'm not sure this is the same case, but I had a user who had this
happen. He had the habit of sending in email from "outside" RT and
therefore had to type in the ticket number. He typed in an incorrect
ticket number that went to another queue. Since this user had no rights
for that queue, he didn't get a response. He could find his email in HIS
queue because it wasn't there, it got added to another ticket in another
queue. All because he typed in the wrong ticket number. He complained
that RT should have know that the ticket number was wrong if the queue
it went to wasn't his. I, of course, pointed out that RT may have
thought he was "creating" a new ticket in another queue and he wasn't in
the group with the rights for "reply". He was still upset so I told him
that the next time he should try to reply with the email RT had sent to
him or within RT itself to avoid that problem. I also removed a few
"Global" rights that allowed this to happen and reapplied them for
certain queues. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL