[rt-users] RT authing off of LDAP

Louis Bohm lbohm at jackpotrewardsinc.com
Tue Mar 25 17:23:47 EDT 2008

I am currently running RT 3.6.6 on Centos 5.0 and I want RT to authorize
users from an LDAP directory (specifically sun one directory).  I have tried
the different methods listed on the LDAP wiki page with little success.  The
Overly method seems to give the "best" response.  When using it I get the
error: [warning]: Transaction->Create couldn't, as you didn't specify an
object type and id (/apps/rt3/lib/RT/Record.pm:1488) when I try to login as
a user who does not exist locally in RT.  If I create the user in RT (just
the user name.  No password or anything else.) I can see in the RT logs it
contacting my ldap server and pulling down all the user info for that user.
I can then login to RT as root and see this info in the users config.  But
that user still cannot login because of a auth failure.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can try to fix this???

Thanks,
Louis
~~
~~~~~~~~~