[rt-users] RT Performance

Yadavalli Aditya aditya.yadavalli at gmail.com
Sun May 11 13:55:41 EDT 2008

HI All,

I am working on improving RT performance running on Oracle 10gR2 database.
At present viewing ticket is taking almost 8-12 seconds. Everything on the
database side looks OK. The database has got almost 1.5 Years of tickets
(around 500,000 in number ) most of them are having attachements (on an
average attachement size is 0.5 M) For improving the performance i am
thinking of implementing partitioning on RT tables such as Tickets,
Transactions, Attachments and so on... (Range-Hash partitioning )  i am
quite not sure whether this will help me right afterwards. If any one has
already implemented similar things... please share your experiences.

Thanks,
Aditya.