[rt-users] RT 3.6.6 Install on FC8 (Apache problems) Part 2

Shannon Adams shannon_adams68 at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 22:56:31 EDT 2008

Okay, one problem solved.  I turned off SELINUX and now httpd starts without an error.

Now, everything seems to be setup correctly, but I cannot bring up the RT login page.  I can ping rtbak.xyzcorp.com, but when I try to browse to it, it just times out.

Here is my rt3.conf:

Alias /rt3 "//opt/rt3/share/html"

PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /usr/sbin/webmux.pl

<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
  AllowOverride All
  Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
  <IfModule mod_access.c>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </IfModule>
</Directory>

<Location /rt>
  RewriteEngine On
  RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ $1/index.html
  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>

<VirtualHost 10.9.10.251>
  ServerName itadmin_test
  ServerAlias rtbak.xyzcorp.com
  DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html

  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  PerlModule Apache::DBI
  PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

  <Location /rt3>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
  </Location>

</VirtualHost>

Among other settings, I have the following in my RTSiteConfig.pm:

Set($WebURL, 'http://rtbak.xyzcorp.com/');
Set($WebBaseURL, 'http://rtbak.xyzcorp.com/');

Set($LogToFile , 'debug');
Set($LogDir, '/opt/rt3/var/log');
Set($LogToFileNamed , "rt.log");

I have checked the rt.log and there is nothing in there.  Where do I look next to see why rtbak.xyzcorp.com or 10.9.10.251 is not bringing up the RT login page?

Thanks,
Shannon