[rt-users] Help! Suddenly getting stacktraces

michael.brader at youramigo.com michael.brader at youramigo.com
Fri May 16 01:23:51 EDT 2008

David Hobley writes:
 > Michael,
 >
 > Thanks for the quick response. Are you saying that these
 > stacktraces are not indicative of any issues and that I can ignore
 > them?

Well, you should set that variable to 0, because generating the stack
trace will have some overhead (presumably mostly in writing the lines
to the log).

 > Normally I would expect that anything that generated a stacktrace
 > would also require a fix to not generate them!

Normally you'd be right, but if it's LogStackTrace, it's not a stack
trace generated by Perl, but by RT. From RT.pm:

  if( $RT::LogStackTraces ) {
      $str .= "\nStack trace:\n";
      # skip calling of the Log::* subroutins
      $frame++ while( caller($frame) && (caller($frame))[3] =~ /^Log::/ );
      while( my ($package, $filename, $line, $sub) = caller($frame++) ) {
          $str .= "\t". $sub ."() called at $filename:$line\n";
      }
  }

Cheers,
Michael