[rt-users] SearchBuilder problems with sorting by Custom Fields

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Mon May 19 12:22:44 EDT 2008

To all,

	I received a complaint from a user that his query wasn't searching by
the custom field he selected, using 3.6.4. I checked it out and sure
enough, it doesn't work, at all. I read thru almost 100 emails on the RT
subject pertaining to searches that do NOT sort by CF correctly. Joop
said DBx::SearchBuilder needed to be modified, but I never saw anything
that says the problem is fixed. I'm using Oracle. Is there an existing
patch that works for this problem? Is there a new version of
SearchBuilder that handles sorting the results with a CF? It seems this
problem has been around for a long time. Thanks in advance from a
perplexed user.

Kenn
LBNL