[rt-users] Allowing fulltext queries to search closed tickets

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Mon Nov 3 16:05:43 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 14:53, Rich McDonough <rich.mcdonough at worldgaming.com
> wrote:

> I'm fairly new to RT so please forgive me if this is a terribly
> obvious question. Our RT installation is only showing results for full
> text searches from open, new and stalled tickets, but we would like
> this to change to searching our entire ticket history by default.
> Here's the actual SQL statement that our database logs:
>
> LOG:  statement: SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT main.id) FROM Tickets main JOIN
> Transactions Transactions_1  ON ( Transactions_1.ObjectId = main.id )
> JOIN Attachments Attachments_2  ON ( Attachments_2.TransactionId =
> Transactions_1.id )  WHERE (Transactions_1.ObjectType = 'RT::Ticket')
> AND (main.Status != 'deleted') AND ( (  ( Attachments_2.Content ILIKE
> '%test%' )  )  AND  ( main.Status = 'new' OR main.Status = 'open' OR
> main.Status = 'stalled' ) ) AND (main.Type = 'ticket') AND
> (main.EffectiveId = main.id)
>
> I have to assume that this is not too difficult to achieve, but I have
> yet to dig up where this query is being generated from. We're running
> version 3.8.1 on Postgres 8.3.4.
>
> Thanks for any assistance that anyone can offer! Thus far I've been
> very impressed with RT.
>
> This isn't a fulltext problem, an examination of the list archives will
show
that search behavior has changed to default to open tickets in 3.8
See http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/SimpleSearchExcludeResolved
for a patch to allow you to readily search on closed tickets. Alternatively,
use the Edit Search query builder.

--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money & the planet