[rt-users] MySQL FULLTEXT searching

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Tue Nov 4 08:51:42 EST 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 06:42:57PM -0700, Kelly Jones wrote:
> Can RT support MySQL fulltext searching?
>
> I can easily create a FULLTEXT index on Attachments, but can I add
> this to the web interface somehow?

I think that RT needs/requires InnoDB tables to function properly.
FULLTEXT indexes in MySQL only work with MyISAM tables, per the
documentation. There is a patch in the wiki to add FULLTEXT to
RT with an Oracle backend and a very similar patch would work
with a PostgreSQL backend. We are planning to use PostgreSQL with
FULLTEXT here and will submit an item to the wiki once we have it
working.

Ken