[rt-users] Retrieving the computer name automatically

Tony A localzuk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 08:19:47 EST 2008

Hi,

First time i've posted on here, so not sure if this may have been covered before.

I have RT set up in our school and I would like to be able to retrieve the name of the machine that a user is posting a request from and insert it into a custom field. This would have to be done automatically, as our users wouldn't do it themselves.

Any ideas how I could do this?

Ideally, I'd also like to be able to turn this into a link, which I can click on to launch our VNC viewer and connect directly to their machine - but this is not as important as getting the name in the first place.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Tony Ayre
Network Manager