[rt-users] search case sensitiv

Bjoern Schulz bjoern.schulz at desy.de
Mon Nov 17 09:53:19 EST 2008

Hi Curtis,
thx for your quick reply.

Our rt (3.8.1) is an upgrade from rt 3.6.7.

On the "old" RT the table options for the table

"Attachments" are Character Set is "cp1252 West European"
and the collation is "latin1_swedish_ci".

The Column "Content" is a LONGTEXT (Character Set cp1252 West European).

On the "new" RT

"Attachments" are Character Set UTF-8 Unicode
and the collation is utf8_general_ci.

But the Column "Content" was changed to "LONGBLOB", no special CharSet
or Collation.

IMHO a collation attribute change doesn't help us.

Do you know another way to make search in RT case in sensitive?

Cheers,
   Björn