[rt-users] Migrating RT Ticket data only to new RT installation

Cassandra L. Brockett cbrockett at barracuda.com
Mon Nov 24 19:53:00 EST 2008

So, I'm left with a legacy RT installation that has been horribly
mangled by way too many sysadmins who did not truly understand how to
configure RT, or at least know enough to not play with the production
ticketing system :-)

My problem is, they have done database and other modifications from the
defaults, therefore I can't really trust any data other than the ticket
history itself, and I'd like to retain the ticket history...

Has anyone done this before, and can suggest any paths to try?  I know
this isn't a "supported" option with RT, but I don't believe anyone
intended you to just randomly try weird settings or changes on the
production system...

Regards,
Cassandra Brockett
Barracuda Networks, Inc.