[rt-users] RTx-Shredder speed (or lack of!)

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Thu Nov 27 10:51:04 EST 2008

Tim Cutts wrote:
> On 27 Nov 2008, at 1:14 pm, Howard Jones wrote:
> Yes, it does take a lot of time, because the sorts of queries it makes
> are not "normal" for RT, so there are no indices.  I believe in 3.8
> much of this has been addressed, but certainly in 3.4 I have had to
> add a lot of extra indices to make Shredder go faster (and even after
> all that it's still fairly slow, but at least now I can delete several
> hundred tickets an hour, when necessary)
Ah, thanks Tim!

I had a brief heart-in-mouth moment when the Attachments index took
20-some minutes to build, blocking inserts in the process, but now I can
shred 10 tickets in about 3 minutes - about 20 times faster.

I've also enabled the slow-query-log, so I can perhaps tune it a bit more.

Cheers,

Howie

(my case is for 3.6.4, incidentally)