[rt-users] RT 3.8 - Create New ticket when a requestor send an email with a resolved ticket

Toby Darling darling at ccdc.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 1 05:18:44 EDT 2008

>> I want RT 3.8 to create a new ticket on a predefined queue when a user
>> reply by email to a resolved ticket.
>> The new ticket must have in the subject “Reopen:” and the new ID. An
>> email must be sent automatically to the requestor informing the new ID.

Not sure how it applies to 3.8, but ForkIntoNewTicket
(http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/ForkIntoNewTicket) sounds like what
you want:

"Summary

I use this scrip associated with a condition scrip that only catch
correspondence/comment to a closed ticket. This scrip create a new
ticket based on the correspondence/comment (subject,to,from,data). "

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, information contained in this
message is confidential. If this message is not intended for you,
please inform postmaster at ccdc.cam.ac.uk and delete the message.
The Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre is a company Limited
by Guarantee and a Registered Charity.
Registered in England No. 2155347 Registered Charity No. 800579
Registered office 12 Union Road, Cambridge CB2 1EZ.