[rt-users] Auth::ExternAuth (LDAP) and disabled users

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Mon Oct 6 12:46:57 EDT 2008

Jonathan McKeown wrote:
> I'm using Auth::ExternalAuth with RT 3.6.6.
>
> I have a d_filter set in RT_SiteConfig.pm which identifies users who should be
> marked ``disabled'' - but this isn't picked up until the first time a user
> tries to log in to the Web interface.
>
> I'd rather be able to mark a user disabled in LDAP and have RT pick it up the
> next time there was any activity at all by the user.
>
> It feels as though perhaps I should be looking at the User->Load method (or
> near there at least) - but before I start fiddling, does anyone have any
> advice for me?

This is a little bit of a design flaw that I have also had to work
around rather than spend time reprogramming. At the moment, user
information (i.e. whether or not they are disabled as well as other
info) is queried from the LDAP server at login. To disable them
immediately would mean checking if the user is disabled every time an
action is performed which would be quite a performance hit and would
take quite a bit of reprogramming. I'm not sure what else to tell you
other than good luck if you decide to try to reprogramme :)

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com