[rt-users] RT-Authen-ExternalAuth custom LDAP port

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Wed Oct 8 18:33:04 EDT 2008

John Rodger wrote:
> > I have the RT-Authen-ExternalAuth module running nicely on our RT server
> > and am using LDAP for all authentication, but I've run into a little
> > problem I was hoping someone could shed some light on.  I need to
> > authenticate users in a separate domain in the same AD forest, and I
> > found using ldapsearch that using port 3268 (Microsoft's Global Catalog
> > port) is the only way the ldapsearch will query the other domain (there
> > was a problem with not following ldap referrals).  However, using
> > RT-Authen-ExternalAuth I could not find any record of a variable that
> > will let you designate the ldap port, and when I try to modify the
> > LdapServer variable from: Set($LdapServer, 'ldap.test.com') to:
> > Set($LdapServer, 'ldap.test.com:3268') authentication fails for both
> > domains.
> >
> > Does anyone know how I could go about modifying this?  If all else fails
> > I'm going to try using apache's ldap module for authentication and
> > change the ldap port there, but I'd rather stick with the RT solution.

A simple config option is required. It's just not as easy to find as
it's technically a Net::LDAP config option not an ExternalAuth one:

In your RT_SiteConfig.pm:

-   'net_ldap_args'             => [ version => 3 ],
+   'net_ldap_args'             => [ version => 3, port => 3268 ],
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street,
Sheffield,
S1 4QT,
UK Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com