[rt-users] rt-crontool changes ticket modification time

Bernd Kuhlen -WetterOnline- bernd.kuhlen at wetteronline.de
Tue Oct 14 06:24:31 EDT 2008

Hi there,
I use rt-3.8.1 on a FreeBSD6.2 box.

Here's my cronjob:
0 * * * * /usr/local/bin/rt-crontool --search RT::Search::FromSQL --
search-arg "(Status='new' OR Status='open' OR Status = 'stalled')" --
action-arg "RecordTransaction: 0" --action
RT::Action::EscalatePriority >/dev/null 2>/dev/null

it's only there to escalate my ticket priorities.

My problem: the modification time (last access) of all my tickets is
altered as well, so every ticket appears to have been worked upon
within max 60 minutes (since my job runs every single hour). So I have
no clue, which tickets are worked upon by my workmates. (apart from
checking the history).

Is there any fix for that ?

best regards,
Bernd Kuhlen