[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth and case matching

Jean-Michel Barbet Jean-Michel.Barbet at subatech.in2p3.fr
Thu Oct 16 03:47:37 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am opening a new thraed since the issue is specific but this is also
a message for Rich who opened the thread "RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
debugging" :

We made ExternalAuth work for RT 3.8.1 :

The information about a user is taken from a local database with a
table "mail2login" which is filled from other sources. In this table,
the email address is : Firstname.Lastname at domain.

The authentication is from AD Windows 2003.

It works and I can share the config files but we have a problem :

If a user configure his mail address as lowercase
firstname.lastname at domain in his mail client, then the account does not
get autocreated. I think the SQL statment "SELECT..WHERE" finds the
matching line in the database because the WHERE is case insensitive
but later in the code, the use of the hash with inconsistent case
fails.

=> Would it be possible to make the code User_Vendor.pm insensitive to
    the case for the email address ? Should I file a bug/feature
    request for that ?

Thanks.

JM Barbet.

Jean-michel BARBET                    | Tel: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 86
Laboratoire SUBATECH Nantes France    | Fax: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 79
CNRS-IN2P3/Ecole des Mines/Universite | E-Mail: barbet at subatech.in2p3.fr