[rt-users] Creating my own Scrip conditions

Mon Oct 20 16:44:58 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 21:50, Kenneth Crocker <KFCrocker at lbl.gov> wrote:

>        I'm not sure I understand WHY you are creating new conditions.

Because I need to test on the status of CF.{zabbix_event_status}

> If you
> are trying to create your own scrips for non-default situations, I would
> recommend setting the Condition to "User-defined" and coding the correct
> perl for that condition. I do not understand why you would want top mess
> around with the code in the directories. Is there some condition you need to
> look for that is not codable in perl?

No, but jibsheet in #rt suggested this approach as you can then check in
your changes into svn. Also, I could not find any useful snippets for the
scrip conditions (i.e. what is needed, what to leave out when compared to
the file-based approach) whereas it's trivial to template from the files.

Thanks,
Richard