[rt-users] Display the name of the Requestor in the Reply/Comment composition screen somehow?

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Thu Oct 23 03:37:39 EDT 2008

Toby Darling schrieb:
> Hi Rainer
>

>> one thing that new users esp. seem to be missing is the possibility to
>> display the name of the requestor on the screen where you compose the mail.
>> Sometimes, our staff creates tickets on customer's behalf, sometimes not.
>> So, you've got to watch when you type a "reply" and when it's just a
>> "comment".
>>

> I don't know which version of RT you're using, but with 3.6.1 I've done
> this. Using your local copy of .../html/Ticket/Update.html add
>
>   %# If we're replying, show who the requestors are.
>   % if ( ! $ARGS{'UpdateType'} && $ResponseDefault ) {
>       <b><% $TicketObj->RequestorAddresses() %></b>
>   % }
>
> after the '</select>' of the $CanComment/$CanRespond block.
>
> There's a drawback - it's not dynamic, if they change the Reply type to
> Correspond, the requestors are still listed, and if they start as
> Comment and change it to Reply, they're not listed.

OK, thanks a lot.
I use 3.8.1 and will look into how this can be applied to it.
The helpdesk came-up with another ticketing-system ("Support Trio"),
which barely passes as "useful" next to RT3 - but that is its only
notable feature.
It displays the name of the requestor in the top right corner of the
reply/comment page...

Cheers,
Rainer