[rt-users] Merged Ticket Performance Degredation (stilltrying!)

Damon Miller damon at thinkingphones.com
Thu Oct 30 10:25:14 EDT 2008

Depesz,

Thanks very much for your response.  Is 5.8.1.1 publicly available?  The latest official release I see on the website is 3.8.1 so I checked that code again to make sure I hadn't missed something.  I still do see the "TODO" referencing a need to modify the Load() function in Ticket_Overlay.pm at line 152. (The full path is in "lib/RT/Ticket_Overlay.pm").

I also thought 5.8.1.1 was perhaps a development version so I checked the latest dev releases and the most recent I see is 3.8.1rc5.  This preceded the official 3.8.1 release given that it was out a few days earlier (August 14th vs. August 18th for 3.8.1).

Is there a version control repository that might have the 5.8.1.1 release you mention?  Or was that perhaps a typo, meaning 3.8.1?  If so, it looks like the Load() function in Ticket_Overlay.pm still has an outstanding "TODO" regarding modification of the recursive search.  I was trying to avoid spending the time to do an upgrade if it wasn't likely to help, but perhaps I'll just do it and see what happens.

There is a Perl release numbered 5.8.1, so perhaps that's what you were referring to?  Just in case that's true, we're running 5.8.8 (of Perl).

Thanks again,

Damon

P.S.  Sorry for the duplicate email, Depesz; I forgot to CC the list.  Oops!

--

Damon T. Miller
Director of Application Services
damon at thinkingphones.com