[rt-users] Ldap Authentication setup question

Sean McCreadie smccreadie at CanyonPartners.com
Fri Oct 31 10:38:36 EDT 2008

Mike,

I am downloading the new rev as we speak and will comment shortly.
Thank you very much for all your great help, I appreciate it very much.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-bounces at lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Mike
Peachey
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 7:35 AM
To: chenga at ias.edu
Cc: RT Users
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Ldap Authentication setup question

Alan Cheng wrote:
> Mike,
>
> I would like to report that v0.06_03 is working for my
> RHEL5/RT-3.8.1/Sun Directory Server 6.3.

Fantastic!

> I am seeing new information in
> my RT log so I know the new version is indeed active.
>
> [Fri Oct 31 10:17:36 2008] [error]: Working around bug in RT and
> reloading RT::User

(/usr/local/rt381/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/html/Callbacks/Ex
ternalAuth/autohandler/Auth:8)

Indeed. You can thank Kevin Falcone for that.

> For v0.06_03 to work, I have to put in "Set(
> @Plugins,(qw(RT::Authen::ExternalAuth)));" into RT_SiteConfig.pm but
> didn't need this when running 0.05.  I didn't even know this option
> before reading the posting from Michael Mollard. :)

Yeah, will make sure this is at least in the README before a stable
release (if Kevin hasn't put it in already).

> One little comment is that after checking out the source code from
SVN,
> I had to cd to "RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/trunk" instead.

My bad.

> Thanks for releasing this fix!
>
> Alan

Pleased to help :) Thanks to Kevin for the majority of the work.

Come on then Michael.. one more confirmed happy person and I'm releasing
it :)
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com