[rt-users] Charset issues after upgrade to 3.8.1

Gian Luca Gobbi gianluca.gobbi at kyneste.com
Thu Sep 4 04:15:13 EDT 2008

Hi,
you must add/change this lines in your my.cnf:

[client]
default-character-set = utf8

[mysqld]
default-character-set=utf8
character_set_server=utf8
collation_server=utf8_general_ci
init_connect='SET collation_connection = utf8_general_ci'
init_connect='SET CHARACTER_SET utf8'
init_connect='SET NAMES utf8'

[mysql]
default-character-set=utf8

Stop/start you mysqld and you have:

mysql> show variables like 'c%';
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| Variable_name            | Value                      |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| character_set_client     | utf8                       |
| character_set_connection | utf8                       |
| character_set_database   | utf8                       |
| character_set_filesystem | binary                     |
| character_set_results    | utf8                       |
| character_set_server     | utf8                       |
| character_set_system     | utf8                       |
| character_sets_dir       | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |
| collation_connection     | utf8_general_ci            |
| collation_database       | utf8_general_ci            |
| collation_server         | utf8_general_ci            |
| completion_type          | 0                          |
| concurrent_insert        | 1                          |
| connect_timeout          | 10                         |
14 rows in set (0.00 sec)

After these modifications all works well.

--
Gian Luca Gobbi