[rt-users] Quick Search in 3.8.1 doesn't include Resolved Status

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Thu Sep 4 21:39:25 EDT 2008

Jessie, I guess it just depends on the size of the organization, how many
queues they have, and how many open tickets are open at a given time.  In
our environment, we have over 30,000 resolved tickets while we usually have
no more than a few dozen open in any given queue.  It makes much more sense
for our users to simply look at the open tickets in the queues they are
responsible for rather than actually perform a search.

When we perform a search, 99% of the time we are searching resolved
tickets, not open tickets.  In our environment, it makes much more sense to
have quick searches return results of resolved and open tickets.

Any thoughts (based upon feedback thus far) to simply reverting back to the
old way vs. a patch to make things configurable?

James Moseley

I'd take a patch to make it configurable, but generally, we've found
that more often than not, users want to search current tickets quickly.
Limiting it to only open tickets makes the actual search much faster and
less cluttered.