[rt-users] Quick Search in 3.8.1 doesn't include Resolved Status

Espen Wiborg Espen.Wiborg at telio.no
Wed Sep 10 14:26:25 EDT 2008

Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> writes:
>On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 10:49:35AM +0200, Espen Wiborg wrote:
>> Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> writes:
>>> As I sad before, I'd love to take a patch :)
>>
>> Something like this, perhaps?
>Given the sorts of customizability people want, it might make sense to
>let the admin specify "SimpleSearchStatuses" (so that someone could,
>say, force it to "only resolved").
>
>You're actually only a couple lines away from making this a user
>preference.
>
>If you look at lib/RT/Config.pm, you can see the data structire you need
>to fill in.
>
>To get your RT->Config->Get invocation to notice user preferences, you
>just need to pass in the currentuser object as an extra argument.

Right, the attached version of the patch makes SimpleSearchStatuses an absolute
configurable, overridable by user preference.

For best results, you'll need the patch in http://rt3.fsck.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=12447
as well.

One thing, though:  With this, I get "Use of uninitialized value in join or string
at /usr/local/opt/rt3/share/html/Widgets/Form/Select line 74." in the Apache error log.  It
seems to be something to do with DefaultValue, but I can't figure out how to make it go
away...

--
Espen Wiborg <espen.wiborg at telio.no>
Veritas vos liberabit