[rt-users] Can't reinstall: CORE missing dependencies: File::ShareDir...MISSING

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Thu Sep 11 04:12:29 EDT 2008

Chris Nelson wrote:
> Ok. The install worked with the -k flag.
>
> However, I had to run:
>  sudo cp /usr/share/request-tracker3.6/libexec/webmux.pl /opt/rt3.8/bin
> and
> sudo cp backups/apache/apache2-modperl2.conf /opt/rt3.8/ (which is
> just a copy of this file I made RIGHT before I did the upgrade of RT).
OK, thats weird. I just installed RT in an Ubuntu-8.04 VM and
installation went without a hitch. Maybe because I install RT from
source and not using a package. I think you have had a packaged RT
installed (/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/...) which also means that your
apache config is pointing to the old installation.
You'll need to fix your Apache config to point to /opt/rt3.8 and not by
copying files around. You can use your 3.6 rt database but DONT'T forget
to read the upgrade notes, including the mysql updates even if you're
running mysql-5!

Regards,

Joop