[rt-users] RT 3.8.1 and RTx::EmailCompletion

David Good dgood at willingminds.com
Fri Sep 12 17:30:55 EDT 2008

I'm trying to use RTx::EmailCompletion with RT 3.8.1 on CentOS 5.2 with
perl 5.10.0.

I had to make a couple of changes to get as far as I have:

  - I had to put symlinks in /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/js and /css for
the emailcompletion.js and emailcompletion.css respectively.  It seems
to pick up everything else out of the plugin directory, but not those.

  - The plugin's /Elements/Header/Head callback tries to load
prototype.js and scriptaculous.js from the wrong locations (both are now
in subdirectories of html/NoAuth/js).  That's not a big problem since RT
now includes both of those by default.  I removed them entirely from the
callback just to be sure that's not causing trouble.

  - I added some RT::Logger->debug() lines to verify that the plugin is
working and retrieving data.

What I see is that the plugin seems to be working properly but I don't
get any sort of indication in the browser that this is the case.  I can
sometimes hit the tab key to get a completion, but that may just be my
browser.  I don't see any kind of pop-up to select from or anything.  I
tried uncommenting the 'DEBUGGIN PURPOSE' line in emailcompletion.js and
see it highlight the appropriate fields with red outlines, but don't see
anything else.

Any hints?