[rt-users] RT::Queue::CustomFields deprecated?

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 16 12:56:23 EDT 2008

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:44:10 -0400, Todd Chapman <todd at chaka.net> wrote:

> Using the CustomFields method on a Queue object issues a deprecation
> warning. Why should this be? RT::Queue ISA RT::Record, which has a
> CustomFields method.
>
> So I would think RT::Queue::CustomFields would just silently call
> TicketCustomFields. I realize transaction custom fields complicate this
> in
> theory but not in common practice.
>
> -Todd

I think the deprecation makes sense - RT::Record->CustomFields gives you
fields attached to an instance of the record type. So for a RT::Queue
object this would mean custom fields attached to the queue (not the
queue's tickets). So I think the deprecated method contradicts the intent
of Record->CustomFields.

Steve

--
Stephen Turner