[rt-users] Agent reply to customer - initiated by mail?

kschmitte kschmitte at voiceobjects.com
Tue Sep 23 09:24:21 EDT 2008

Hello All,

while looking for another issue, I found a post to this list showing how to
resolve Ruslans first point

Ruslan Zakirov-2 wrote:

> Yes, it works. People can use email to reply to a ticket, but only
> when they get some notification from RT or know ticket id.
> Notifications are configurable and you can implement various
> solutions:
>
> 1) When ticket is created you notify a group of people (your team)
> with a template, in the template you can insert content of the
> original request. In this case all people who receive such a message
> can hit reply and write a message, however as they are all notified
> you can end up with situations when multiple people reply to the same
> request. Also, in RT all tickets have an owner, usually this is person
> who is working on the ticket. Without using this field you have to
> grant all staffs with right to reply to tickets and you loose track of
> who is working on this or that ticket. To avoid such problems you can
> use another solution described below.

It can be resolved by changing the ticket owner from nobody to the first
agent answering the ticket - like described in "automatic take" (see
http://www.nabble.com/automatic-take-td19312788.html
http://www.nabble.com/automatic-take-td19312788.html )

Grüsse,

Kai