[rt-users] Multi-word custom field search

Kevin Galloway kpgalloway at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 13:40:59 EDT 2008

Hello,

I was recently assigned to looking through our tickets, and trying to
compile data to find out failure rates for our machines.  The problem
however, is that most of the details of the problem (why a machine failed,
how it failed, etc) are in a custom "History" field that is mostly a
description.  I've looked through other messages on the list about searching
through a custom field, but found nothing.  The main problem that I am
having is that I need to find a few specific keywords in a paragraph or
more, in a customfield, and am unsure of how to do so.  Any help, or links
to documentation about ticketsql/query builder that might be of assistance?

Thanks,
Kevin