[rt-users] Multi-word custom field search

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Sep 24 16:36:47 EDT 2008

Kevin,

	I would add that to make things easier for you in the future, you might
want to create a new Custom Field like "Failure Type" and make it a
"Select One Value" for the Queue and add the various values you want
available. Then run your search like Jerrad suggested with just 1 of the
values you want, like 'heat' (whatever) and do a bulk update of the new
Custom Field for those returned tickets to the appropriate value. Do
this search/bulk update one time for each of the values you have created
for that Custom Field specified in the search. When it is over, you have
all those tickets with a specific value in the Custom Field and that
would make your future searches easier to code. Also, you will get
future tickets with the correct value in the CF. That might help some.

Kenn
LBNL