[rt-users] reall odd apache2 crashes with blank pages

Gabriel Cadieux gcadieux at securetechnologies.ca
Mon Sep 29 09:14:31 EDT 2008

i have just reviewed the weekend logs for our RT server on apache and have yet to see any more segfaults; this being without downgrading/upgrading DBD::mysql... (i am still at 4.00.7)... i did, however, before leaving on friday, disable the "-D SSL" flag in my /etc/conf.d/apache2 file, making apache start up without SSL support (we don't need it running on the server as it won't be using https).. i don't know if this had anything to do with it, but i will certainly keep monitoring this issue closely and let everyone know if anything ever happens again, in which case i will try to switch DBD::mysql versions and confirm the fix.

thanks to all who participated in the issue so far, as i am sure this affects a lot of people.