[rt-users] What software is recommended for high-loaded RT3.8-latest?

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Thu Apr 2 09:57:11 EDT 2009

Thu 02 Apr 2009 14:51:06 GMT
Agnislav Onufrijchuk wrote:
> Mike Peachey wrote:
>> Slackware Linux. Perfect balance of security and stability and with a
>> custom-generic kernel the RAM footprint is comparatively tiny and makes
>> for a very responsive server.
>>
> I have no enough experience with Slackware. AFAIK, it's simple as BSD. Is it true?

It is the oldest and most unix-like and vanilla distributions of linux.
Simplicity is at its heart along with security and stability. I use it
on Servers, Desktops and Laptops alike.

> AFAIK, they're all provide good data safety. Now we're using MySQL && InnoDB, I
> think XFS should be fast enough. But we may migrate to PostgreSQL. AFAIK it uses
> a number of files (I may be wrong) to serve its DB. So, there can be Reiser/JFS.

Whatever you pick, build it into your kernel and you'll be fine :)

>>> - apache 2.2 or nginx?
>> Apache. No Question.
>>
> Why? nginx supports FastCGI too and it is recommended to use on dedicated projects.

Let me put it this way.. when you run into trouble, you want to be on
the same server that 99.9% of RT users are running.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com