[rt-users] CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch/Replace Problems

Camron W. Fox cwfox at us.fujitsu.com
Thu Apr 23 13:42:50 EDT 2009

Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> Camron,
>
> We do not include the '@' in our regex here, but if you do,
> shouldn't it be escaped as well as the '.' characters?
>
> Cheers,
> Ken

Ken,

	We're just following the example from the documentation and RT_Config.pm:

# RT provides functionality which allows the system to rewrite
# incoming email addresses.  In its simplest form,
# you can substitute the value in CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace
# for the value in CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch
# (These values are passed to the CanonicalizeEmailAddress subroutine in
RT/User.pm)
# By default, that routine performs a s/$Match/$Replace/gi on any
address passed to it

#Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch , '@subdomain\.example\.com$');
#Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace , '@example.com');

	We've tested s/$Match/$Replace/gi with the same regex and it works, so
that's why we thought we might be missing something.

Best Regards,
Camron

Camron W. Fox
Hilo Office
High Performance Computing Group
Fujitsu Management Services of America, Inc.
E-mail:		cwfox at us.fujitsu.com