[rt-users] sessions table is lost after a system crash

Tom Lahti toml at bitstatement.net
Thu Apr 23 13:54:03 EDT 2009

Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> Tim,
>
> I am curious. Are you using InnoDB tables or MyISAM tables?
> I thought that RT needed InnoDB. Does it have a problem with
> system crashes and recovery with InnoDB?
>
> Just wondering.
> Ken

I was just about to say the same thing when this came in.  I think you want
InnoDB tables, not MyISAM.  In particular, large tables like the attachment
table will have problems, and frequently updated tables like the session
table will have crash recovery issues.  The crash recovery in the InnoDB
backend is more robust, as is the indexing methodology.

--
   Tom Lahti

   (425)251-0833 x 117
   http://www.bitstatement.net/