[rt-users] Rt from command line

Alexander Nikolaev anikolaev at ot.ru
Tue Aug 4 01:40:26 EDT 2009

Therefor i suppose u work with unix-like os installed on your web-server.
Are you logged in as root (i mean logged in your server)?
First of all, don't work as root %)!

Users in RT have such a field - unix name (stored in database as gecos).

You are logged in as root and rt user root has unix login set to root -
thats why you create tickets as root.

Create a new unix login, for example, akrall, go to web interface, set
unix login of your account to akrall, then log in as akrall and try to
create a ticket from command-line interface.

That works with rt-crontool, so, i suppose, will do for your case.
Sorry for poor english, hope its understandable :)

Anton Krall writes:
> Nobody?
>

>> From: Anton Krall <akrall at intruder.com.mx>
>> Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 10:02:40 -0500
>> To: "rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com" <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
>> Subject: [rt-users] Rt from command line
>>
>> Guys.. Im trying to use rt form the command line to create tickets. So far I
>> added the rtrc file and I can log into RT without problems... I can run
>> commands, everything looks great... But now.. Im trying to run this:
>>
>> rt create -t ticket set subject='New ticket' priority=9 queue='Soporte
>> Tecnico' requestors=some at user.com
>>
>> But the problems is here: the ticket is created but as if user root created
>> it, then HE gets the autoreply email and after that, RT says (in the history
>> page of the ticket) that root was deleted from the ticket and it was changed
>> to requester some at user.com
>>
>> This is great except for one thing... The autoreply email was sent to user
>> root and not some at user.com since he got added AFTER autoreply was sent.
>>
>> Any way to create thet ticket as some at user.com from the start?

Regards, Alex Nikolaev
Open Technologies, Russia.