[rt-users] problem creating a user

Matthew Seaman matthew.seaman at thebunker.net
Wed Aug 5 15:04:34 EDT 2009

Christopher M. Hobbs wrote:
> When I try to create a user, I have been getting the
> following error:
>
>     *  User could not be created: Email address in use
>
> The user has created tickets via email before.  Is that
> address in a database somewhere, perhaps?  The user isn't
> listed in the Users section of the configuration screen.

Yes -- if the user has sent correspondence via your RT instance then that
e-mail address will be listed as an unprivileged user in the RT database.
Unprivileged users aren't normally shown in the Users configuration screen,
but if you go there and search for eg. 'is not X' you'll be able to see and
click on the entry for that address. Hence you can just check the box to
'make this user privileged', and then fill in any of the other fields as
desired.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew Seaman                     The Bunker, Ash Radar Station
PGP: 0x60AE908C on servers            Marshborough Rd