[rt-users] FW: Configuring Inbound E-mail

Eric Chatham echatham at broadvox.com
Mon Aug 17 14:03:54 EDT 2009

On 17 Aug 2009, at 13:16, Jason Dorn wrote,

> Hi,
>
> Have you tried (from page 30 of RT essentials book)
> ln -s /opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate /etc/smrsh/
>
> Also, look at sendmail.cf file (/etc/mail/sendmail.cf on CentOS)
>
> #O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA
>
> I have, O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp, Name=MTA
>
> and then use iptables to only allow our MTA's to see sendmail.

Thank you, it worked.  I had the symlink created and iptables configured.  I just needed to modify the sendmail.cf file.  To add, is there a way to have more than one "--queue" as an aliases for RT.  For instance, the book uses general queue.  Can I make another alias for a different queue?  Thank you again.

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am currently new to several functions of RT.  I'm having a hard
>> time setting up the Inbound E-mail.  We are using Sendmail on CentOS
>> 5.1 x64.  As I understand the instructions, I configured the /etc/
>> aliases file for RT and ran newaliases.  Here are my settings.
>>
>> /etc/aliases...
>>
>> # RT Mail Queue Setup
>> rt:             "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
>> correspond --url http://server.domain.local/"
>> rt-comment:      "|/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action
>> comment --url http://server.domain.local/"
>>
>> # trap decode to catch security attacks
>> decode:         root
>>
>> # Person who should get root's mail
>> root:           serveralerts at domain.net
>>
>> If I reply to a ticket via e-mail, how can I set this up so it goes
>> to the RT Server?  The reply traverses our MS Exchange platform and
>> we get an NDR.  Please help.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Eric Chatham

CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and should be destroyed and/or returned if you are not the intended and proper recipient.