[rt-users] how to migrate data from sqlite to mysql

Dominic Hargreaves dominic.hargreaves at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 19 09:38:21 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 02:38:05PM +0200, Martin Kraus wrote:
> Hi. I've installed rt3.6 on debian lenny, where sqlite is a default db
> backend. Since then we've started using ticketing quite a lot and sqlite stopped
> being fast enough.
>
> I've been trying to migrate data from sqlite to mysql by dumping sql from
> sqlite, changing it so that mysql can read it and importing it into mysql
> database created by dbconfig on debian(which calls rt-setup-database). I
> usually can read all the ticket data, but users are damaged and I can't create
> tickets/modify tickets/give tickets to other users.
>
> rt-dump-database doesn't dump all of the database data so it can't be used.
>
> Is there some way to migrate that data from sqlite db to mysql? Is there such
> a big difference in the table setup, that those two databases are
> incompatible?

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't recall all of the details but we did document what
should be a migration at

http://pkg-request-tracker.alioth.debian.org/3.6-databases/

What exactly do you see as missing from the dump? Note the discussion
on the predefined system objects on that page and possible workaround.

--
Dominic Hargreaves, Systems Development and Support Team