[rt-users] Inbound E-mail to server

Eric Chatham echatham at broadvox.com
Thu Aug 20 10:14:52 EDT 2009

On Thursday, August 20, 2009 09:43, Jerrad Pierce wrote,

> Again, rt-mailgate really wants to receive a complete email message on
> STDIN, not random gibberish.

Please, can you provide an example?

> My guess would be that you are using name based virtual hosts,
> but haven't told Apache to do so for 127.0.0.1

Here is my RT Apache config.  RT is the only application on this server.  We don't have any other Apache configs.

# RT APACHE SETTINGS
<VirtualHost 172.16.5.74:80>
    ServerName clehbrtrckr01.broadvox.local

    DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

    # optional apache logs for RT
    # ErrorLog /opt/rt3/var/log/apache2.error
    # TransferLog /opt/rt3/var/log/apache2.access

    PerlRequire "/opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl"

    <Location /NoAuth/images>
        SetHandler default
    </Location>
    <Location />
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlResponseHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and should be destroyed and/or returned if you are not the intended and proper recipient.