[rt-users] https

testwreq wreq testwreq at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 11:19:42 EDT 2009

You are a true RT Guru and an apache genius.

Adding below in httpd.conf vhost section took care of the rewrite problem.

RewriteEngine ON
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://rt.domainname.com/$1 [R=301,L]
If you can spare a min, can you please indicate what rule reads e.g the use
of ^.* $1 etc?
http://rt.domainname.com redirect to https://rt.domainname.com// ; I think,
there is an extra slash after the domain name.