[rt-users] ticket creation from web interface fails

Jac Gubbels jhj.gubbels at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 05:39:48 EDT 2009

Hi,

Upon creation of a ticket through the web interface I get the following error:

Undefined subroutine &RT::EmailParser::ParseAddressFromHeader called
at /opt/rt3/bin/../lib/RT/User_Local.pm line 272.

My staff has reported this error recently, but it might be related to
an update from 3.8.2 to 3.8.4 as that is the last change that was made
to our installation. In the wiki and lists I could only find this
error in relation to LDAP authentication. We are in fact
authenticating using LDAP (AD). Here is our full setup

Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) DAV/2 SVN/1.4.4 PHP/5.2.3-1ubuntu6.5
mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8

Any suggestions as on where to start looking for a fix to this
problem?  I can see  the routine ParseAddressFromHeader does not exist
in /opt/rt3/lib/RT/EmailParser.pm. I have installed all perl mail
functionality I could find using CPAN.

Thanks a lot!

--
Jac