[rt-users] Reporting: List of new/open tickets?

Allen allen+rtlist at crystalfontz.com
Thu Aug 27 18:38:45 EDT 2009

> anyone had written a reporting script that did something such as listing the numbers and subjects of all open
> and new tickets.... Our PMs would like to have this info automated and emailed

Why not use the "Dashboards" that are already built into RT?

Click "Tickets" do create a search for new and open tickets (and
whatever other criteria). Save the search with Group permissions so
all the PMs can access it too. Then create a Dashboard using that
saved search, which all the PMs can subscribe to. Once a person is
subscribed to that Dashboard, they will get an email about it
regularly.

Before creating the saved search, you need the right perms to save for
a group. Use the RT root user if you're unsure. The PMs will each need
the "SubscribeDashboard" right too.

See http://blog.bestpractical.com/2009/02/rt-38-tutorial-dashboards.html