[rt-users] Auto-creating a 'dependant' ticket On Transaction

Jonathan Rummel jrummel at imapp.com
Wed Dec 2 18:25:21 EST 2009

Thank you all so much!  This is definitely getting me closer to what I want.
Is there any way you could help dumb-it-down a little more for my benefit
please?  And to clarify a little, I don't want this to happen On Create,
only when my CF "Progress" is changed to "Send" in a ticket that already
exists.  Is the following correct (or close)? If not, could you please make
corrections?:

CONDITION: User Defined
ACTION: User Defined
TEMPLATE: Global Template: Blank
STAGE: TransactionCreate

CUSTOM CONDITION:

if ($self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('Progress') eq 'Send') {
     return 1;
}
return 0;

CUSTOM ACTION PREPARATION CODE:

return 1;

CUSTOM ACTION CLEANUP CODE: (this is where I think I'm messing up)

my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;
my $tkt = $self->TicketObj;

my $requestors = [ $tkt->Requestors->MemberEmailAddresses];
my $new_tkt = RT::Ticket->new($RT::SystemUser); my ($id, $msg) =
$new_tkt->Create(
     Queue => "Data Analysis",
     Subject => $tkt->Subject,
    Status => 'new',
    Requestor => $requestors,
    DependedOnBy => $tkt->Id)

return 1;

I know that the Custom Condition works, but the Action doesn't seem to be
working.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.  Thanks again!

Brumm,