[rt-users] Help! RTX-Shredder eats all my memory...

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Thu Dec 3 06:28:32 EST 2009

Loos, Christian wrote:
> Maybe Shredder will delete some tickets.
>
> Take a look at this bug:
> http://rt3.fsck.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=14170&user=guest&pass=guest

I don't think this is what is biting me though - it has been happily
shredding up until now (300K+ tickets). Then again, we have (had) 350000
tickets, so I don't know each one intimately, and wouldn't notice if it
did delete some of them accidentally.

I suppose I'll need to go hunting in the database schema and find the
{something} with a lot of associated {something-else}, or a circular
reference of some kind, but I was hoping for a bit of direction :-)