[rt-users] Adding AdminCC on ticket creation fails without ModifyTicket right

Nick Kartsioukas change+lists.rt at nightwind.net
Thu Dec 3 14:58:18 EST 2009

I currently have permissions set on tickets such that only the ticket
owner has the ModifyTicket right.  If I create a ticket, and on the
ticket creation screen set someone as AdminCC, and submit the ticket,
the ticket is successfully created but I get a permission denied error
on adding the AdminCC.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature...I
would think that a privileged user creating a ticket should be able to
set an AdminCC (for a manager or someone else who wishes to follow the
ticket details), but the order in which RT creates the ticket prevents
that from working (ticket created, then a separate transaction to add
the AdminCC).  This problem does not exist when adding a normal CC on
ticket creation.
If I create the ticket with myself as the owner, it does allow me to set
AdminCC, but in our setup a privileged user (as a member of one
particular group) does not have ownership permissions in all the queues,
but we do have create ticket permissions in other queues.

Any ideas if there's a way around this?