[rt-users] Migrating from RT MySQL to PostgreSQL

David Hobley david.hobley at mionegroup.com
Sun Dec 6 02:43:05 EST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emmanuel Lacour" <elacour at easter-eggs.com>
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Sent: Friday, 27 November, 2009 3:22:53 AM
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Migrating from RT MySQL to PostgreSQL

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 05:07:20PM +0100, Nehmer Torben wrote:
> Hello together,
>
> has anybody ever migrated RT from MySQL to PostgreSQL? Are there any scripts available to accomplish this?

you can start here: http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/MySQLToPg :)

I did it with a slightly modified script to handle some encoding problems
we had with our MySQL DB.
----- Original Message End -----

We have been trying to do this using this page, but we have never managed to get the binary attachments across successfully. If you have any luck with this, we are definitely interested in hearing about it.

Cheers,
David