[rt-users] custom fields best practices

kjm123 kjm at 123.net
Wed Dec 9 14:57:45 EST 2009

Hello,
I am trying to find some best practices information on custom fields and
where they are applied.  I currently have RT 3.8.2 running with many custom
fields associated with "tickets."  Can someone explain to me what the
reasoning would be to associate them with say "queues, users, global, ticket
transactions" and the like?  I wasn't really able to dig up any info on
this.  Maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Kyle McKinley
123net