[rt-users] ACL-Restrict access to Display Ticket Content

Behzad Mahini mahini at apple.com
Thu Dec 10 18:48:50 EST 2009

Is there a way to restrict access for users such that they could see a
Queue (as shown in the "Quick search"), as well as a listing of the
Tickets corresponding to that Queue ("Show Results" -- Results.html
page)?  However, no further details & contents about a ticket (i.e.,
no Ticket metatdata) to be provided once a Ticket is selected from the
Results.html or Simple.html page.  "ShowTicket" privilege is the one
that messes me up.

(RT 3.8.4)
I tried different ACL combinations (for Queue "X"), and none worked.
Presently, I have the following ACL's for Queue "X":

Everyone:

	CommentOnTicket
	CreateTicket
	ReplyToTicket
	SeeQueue

Unprivileged
	-
Privileged
	-

User Defined Group:

	Grp-xyz
		I started from nothing, and experimented by one-by-one adding the
following privileges (as soon as I add "ShowTicket", it defeats what I
am after, and
		without "ShowTicket" the Queue does not appear for the user):

			ModifyTicket
			OwnTicket
			ShowTicket
			ShowTicketCommenst