[rt-users] new database dump smaller than old one

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Tue Dec 15 15:50:54 EST 2009

I installed RT 3.8.7 on a test server and loaded the database with a dump
from my production instance of RT (version 3.6.7).  I then went through
the listed procedures to update the database for 3.8.7.  A dump of the
resulting database is about 9.5 megabytes whereas the old database dump is
about 13 megabytes.  I've gone through the new setup and everything seems
to be in place and functioning correctly.  What could explain this
decrease in size?  Compression that wasn't done in 3.6.x?

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu