[rt-users] Date issue with a Scrip

Macnlos macnlos at ti-994a.com
Wed Feb 4 15:27:26 EST 2009

I've got two RT systems; 1 production and 1 development instance.
Each night I do a mysqldump of production and move it to development
so I can work the latest version and data.  Production is at 3.6.7 and
Development is at 3.8.1 at the moment.

I have a scrip that parses when a ticket is submitted and based on the
date/time it will email a pager if it is off-hours.  The scrip is
running fine in production and it's been in use for over a year.  But
for some reason my development instance is tripping on the date/time
checks.

My thinking at this point is that the scrip is evaluating GMT rather
than CST.  I tried an RT::Logger and the hour variable is showing up
as 20 (8pm) when it's should be 14 (2pm).  This would confirm my
suspicion about GMT.  So here is the question:

Did something change from 3.6.7 to 3.8.1 that would account for Scrips
being processed in GMT rather than the local timezone?

CR